Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Shhh....

Shhh.... I have just been a very naughty girl today.

I went to Jo-Ann's, when really I should know better and just stay out of that store, right? Well, they had a 4-pack of Spellbinder dies (Scalloped & Classic Ovals - Small and Large) for $39.99. It's been there for ages, because it was special ordered for someone who must have had a change of heart, like yeah, I know...I should've, too. Zoikes.

Anyways, after I had to print out an oval shape, enlarge it on the copy machine, cut both ovals out, and then trace around them so I could make that giraffe card the other night, you can see where I'm going with this.... LOL I just had to have it.

I have a Cuttlebug. Can anyone tell me if I need a special mat to cut with the Spellbinder's (in addition to my Cuttlebug plates)?

I will have to use them to create my Christmas cards that I will be making this weekend for a card swap. I'm feeling a little giddy right now just thinking about all the fun I will have with them. Hopefully, the guilt will go away soon. :)

Any advice on how to use the Spellbinder dies would be greatly appreciated. Have a blessed day!

Casandra

4 comments:

  1. Casandra, I also use Spellbinder dies with my Cuttlebug and it works with the Cuttlebug plates to cut out the die shapes. You only need a special mat (which I 'think' I got through the website I bought my Spellbinder dies from) if you want the 'embossing' to show. I've also seen some tutorials on how to use extra layers of cardstock to create the embossed look. Google it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool beans. I have a friend that has the spellbinder dies; maybe she will let me borrow her mat until I can get my own. Thanks for the great info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Pam is right. I think the sandwich is the A plate, the paper you're cutting, the die (facing down), a B plate, then the c plate. I haven't used the embossing feature for a while, but I do remember buying a tan embossing mat from Spellbinders for that purpose. Have fun! Those dies are addicting!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with your new toy! I need to invest in some Spellbinders.

    ReplyDelete