Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cricut News

Sunday night, my husband handed me a check to deposit and said "Happy early Birthday! Now you can go buy your Cricut." Do you see why I love that man? :)

I spent a little time Sunday evening debating on buying one off eBay to save some money, or even buying one from HSN on a payment plan just to feel better about this purchase. There were pro's and con's to both idea's. I decided that I just couldn't wait and knew that if I had any problems, buying it from the local craft store really would be my best option.

Yesterday, I drove to Joann's and picked it up. $229.00 for a Cricut Expression with 2 cartridges seems like a pretty good deal. I then went over to Wal-Mart, where I found one without the cartridges for $187.00. :( I told myself not to open the other one yet, just in case I decide I should return it.

Well, good news! My Mother-in-Law called me at work today to tell me she got a Joann's flyer in the mail today and starting on Sunday the Cricut Expression bundle will be $199.00. So I called the store and talked to the friendly manager and she said all I need to do is bring my receipt in on Sunday and they will credit me back the difference. Yay! Win, win! I can play with my Cricut now and not feel so guilty about the huge price difference.

If anyone has any advice on using the Cricut (I'm new to Cricut Land), I would love to hear it.

Have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by to read my story.

Casandra

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Welcome to Cricut-land! I can't offer much advice as I have had one for a while but only have the cartridges it came with plus one other and still consider myself a novice!

    PS-does this make up for the missed birthday? Lol!

    ReplyDelete