Saturday, May 4, 2013

Chantilly Card Workshop

Hello, again. I'm back, as promised, with 19 cards to share from the Chantilly Card Workshop kit. I was a bit skeptical, at first, like some of you may be over the price point of a workshop on the go card kit. Once tax and shipping were added in, it would be well over $2 per card. Well...I was able to create 19 cards using this kit, so that brought my total per card down to just $1.79. Plus, I had leftover ribbon, additional B&T paper, and a stamp set to use again (and again).

My customers loved this kit and were very happy with the designs. Although I didn't get pictures of their creations, each person created something unique from their kits, including my genius decision (insert pat on back here, if you please) to emboss the blue squares for the "patchwork card". I pulled out an additional stamp set "For Every Occasion" that some of my ladies used to create thank you cards from the kit, instead of strictly birthday cards. They even used smoothie and hollyhock inks in place of the sunset orange, at times, along with flipping over the green paper to the flowery side. It never ceases to amaze me how creative my customers are.

So, here is a quick picture of the Chantilly Cards that Corporate created.
G1061 Chantilly Card Workshop Kit $29.95
I liked the designs so well, that most of mine are created pretty similar, with the exception of the birthday card cake where I added Hollyhock ink instead of Sunset. One of the variations that my customers did with that card, was to second generation ink the banners. They were so cute! I'm a proud teacher.





After the Lagoon squares were cut, we had a 9x12 piece of Lagoon cardstock left over. By cutting this cardstock vertically at 4 1/4" by 11", I was able to create 2 additional card bases. Then, peaking into my kit, I discovered happily that I still had a full sheet of B&T Duos paper and one sheet of white cardstock. This inspired me to create 2 more cards from the kit.

So there you have it. I am one happy customer and have restocked my birthday card stash with cards that work wonderfully for any gender and age group. AWESOME!

Hope you have a great day!

Casandra

5 comments:

  1. these are all sweet cards, luv the embellishments...hope you have a super weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are great and I'm sure your class loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to stretch your creativity and your crafting dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty cards Casandra! Love all the layers and pretty mix of colors!

    ReplyDelete