Monday, January 27, 2014

MFTWSC160 Clementine In The Spotlight

Good morning. I needed something to do to take my mind off the snowy, windy weather outside. What better way to do this, then to go to my "happy place"...my craft room. We won't mention the current condition of my craft room; I carefully advert my eyes from piles of stamps and papers. 

Today's card was inspired by the current sketch over at My Favorite Things website. 
Recipe:
Paper: Clementine (retired), Colonial White CS (CTMH), Kraft CS (MFT)
Stamps: Casual Expressions, Petite Perks (CTMH)
Inks: Twilight, Chocolate
Tools: Honey Alcohol Marker Set, Chocolate Marker (retired), Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors (CTMH), Circle Stax Die (MFT), Modern Wallpaper Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)
Other: Twilight Brads (retired) (CTMH)

This week's current challenge at H2H is "In The Spotlight". I had another idea in mind when I first saw this challenge, but when I was in the midst of creating this card, I remembered I had a brand new, unopened alcohol marker set sitting on a shelf above my head. I have hesitated to use them for various reasons, but mostly due to worrying I'd mess up a perfectly good stamped image. But since I was using tiny scraps and an even tinier stamp image, I figured no time like the present to give them a try. I...LOVE...THEM! 

I didn't bother with any fancy pigment, archival or staz-on ink to stamp with, just lightly colored in next to the stamped lines. There is no streaking, just smooth color that looks like it could have been stamped on. I will definitely be adding another set of alcohol markers to my next order. 

Until next time, my friends, stay crafty!

Casandra

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute, Cassandra! I just love the little bees on your card. They compliment the Clementine papers well! Thank you for joining us at H2H Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty card, I love the Clementine papers! Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges!

    ReplyDelete