Monday, March 10, 2014

FMS126 Cards

Hello Monday. I confess to not being quite myself these past few days. I live in a small farming community where everyone is either related or very good friends. Last Thursday, as I drove home from work, it felt like my world turned upside down. A distant relative on my husband's side passed away and his death is being ruled as suspicious. He was a very kind man, with children that went to school with mine. I feel like our sense of security has been shattered, and I know it will take time to get it back, though surely my faith in God will aid me in that pursuit. Just truly a devastating thing to overcome. 

So, on Saturday, I determined to pick up where I left on and create a couple of cards for my next workshop. It has always been my crafty therapy. Here they are:
First Card:
Paper: Pemberley (retired), White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamp: Art Philosophy (CTMH)
Inks: Creme Brulee, Outdoor Denim (CS)
Tools: Scallop Circle Punch, Micro-Tip Scissors, Paper-Piercer (CTMH), Honeycomb Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)
Other: Foam Tape, Bitty Pearls (CTMH), Yellow Ribbon
Second Card:
Paper: Sophia (retired), Sweet Leaf CS, White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamp: Art Philosophy (CTMH)
Inks: Pear, Hollyhock (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors, (CTMH)
Other: Flamingo Dots (CTMH), Pink Embroidery Floss (DMC)

I am entering these cards into the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge #126. I would also like to enter the pink card into The Friday Mashup FM150 Seeing Stitches Challenge. Thank you for stopping by today. God bless.

Casandra

4 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Casandra. So sorry to hear of your loss and I will be praying for you and your peace of mind during this difficult time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casandra, I am sorry to hear about your relative. I hope things work out. Your card is very sweet. Thanks for playing with The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassandra, I am very sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family peace during this trying time. Your cards are beautiful!

    Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice cards, cute stitching on the 2nd card! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    I am very sorry to hear about the passing of the relative. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete