Sunday, March 16, 2014

TSOT 158 Perfect Day Card

Hi! I hope your weekend has been great. We had two birthday parties to attend this weekend, and I don't think I can eat another piece of cake again for a while. LOL

I am very excited to share my next card with you. I tried out a technique that I've been wanting to do for some time now. I heat embossed my stamping with white embossing powder and then sponged first in Twilight ink on the top half and sponged Bamboo ink on the bottom half. It really makes the embossed areas pop. I love nature scenes and am so glad that I bought this stamp set before it retired a few years back.
Recipe:
Paper: Florentine (retired), White Daisy CS, Twilight CS (CTMH)
Stamp: Perfect Day (retired) (CTMH)
Inks: Twilight, Bamboo, VersaMark (CTMH)
Tools: Sponges, Heat Gun, White Embossing Powder (CTMH), Embossing Folder (SU!)
Other: Chocolate Embroidery Floss, Glue Dots (CTMH), White Buttons (MFT)

I would like to enter this card into the Try Stampin' On Tuesday Challenge #158. Have a great week, my crafty friends.

Casandra

4 comments:

  1. Casandra, this card is STUNNING! This technique really fits well with this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Casandra! I love the tranquil scene you've created and your color choices. I wish I had that stamp set now!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! I love that beach scene and your sponging is just perfect. Love it all!! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete