Monday, October 13, 2014

Autumn Cutie Layout

If you are here for the first time, I have been working on a baby album for a cousin. Following is another layout that I created for it.

I was inspired again by a layout in a previous idea book. I was looking for a pattern to use, and I like this one because it uses mainly 4x6 photos (4 of them can be cut down to 4x4). It was a little painful using some of my hoarded Twitterpated paper, and there was a moment where I wanted to keep it instead of gifting it, but this baby will be a year old before I ever finish it if I use that philosophy. Teehee.

Okay, so this layout uses Imagine: Ensemble Piece template. It is one that I've often dismissed in the book. But gosh, this paper is super cute with it. To highlight the separate photo spots, I added some stitching. I painstakingly pierced each hole using my piercing tool and stitch guide ruler. 

I would like to thank my friend Celina once again for another gift she sent me a while back, but this is the first time I've had the pleasure of using it. The title "Autumn" comes from a new stamp set "Handwritten Print" alphabet. I have many alphabet stamp sets, mostly retired now, and this really was the best fit for this layout. LOVE IT! Thank you again, Celina. You are AWESOME, my crafty friend. 

I added liquid glass to the little dots on the sorbet print paper. It never photographs well, but you get the idea. 

Recipe:
Paper: Twitterpated (retired), Chocolate CS, Sweet Leaf CS, Colonial White CS (CTMH)
Stamps: Keyboard Uppercase Alphabet, Handwritten Print Alphabet, Twitterpated WOTG (retired) (CTMH)
Inks: Chocolate, Sweet Leaf, Sorbet (CTMH)
Tools: Paper-Piercer, Micro-Tip Scissors, Liquid Glass, Stitch Guide Ruler (CTMH)
Other: Twitterpated Buttons (retired), Chocolate Ribbon (retired), White Daisy Embroidery Floss (retired) (CTMH)

I would like to enter this layout into the Use Your Stuff Challenge #157. Twitterpated is one of my very first Close To My Heart kits dating back to 2009, and of course, I didn't buy just one. Happy Fall, Y'all!

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment