Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Hopscotch Seriously Cute Layout

After creating my first layout with Hopscotch, I realized how bright the colors are in this kit. It actually made me like the flaxen color even more because it balances that vibrancy so well.

I came across a layout that was featured with the Footloose kit in the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book. I loved the square lines, and thought this would be fun to recreate with my Hopscotch papers. 
This layout uses Reflections: Main Frame - Charmed - Right and Reflections: Bottom Border - Title - Left templates.

Recipe:
Paper: Hopscotch, Colonial White CS, Dutch Blue CS (retired), Star Spangled Blue (retired) (CTMH)
Stamps: Year: Noted (retired), Hopscotch WOTG, Distressed Backgrounds (CTMH)
Inks: Indian Corn Blue, Sunset, Flaxen (CTMH)
Tools: Micro-Tip Scissors, Paper-Piercer (CTMH)
Other: Hopscotch Complements, Pathfinding Assortment, Junebug Glitter Puffies, Gold Sequins, Enamel Typewriter Alphabet Stickers (retired) (CTMH)

Isn't this cute? I am so happy with how it turned out. I would like to enter this into this week's H2H Challenge: Opposites Attract. I added in some retired blue cardstock to this layout to make the colors in Hopscotch pop. I also used a lighter blue (retired) cardstock but thought it was a little too bright so I inked up a background stamp in Indian Corn Blue to give it a faded effect.

Casandra

3 comments:

  1. Great take of this weeks challenge. I love seeing layouts. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like that you took something "old" and made it "new" too. Thanks for joining us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it for many reasons...1. I love Hopscotch, 2. it is a layout and I love when people do layouts for our challenges, and 3. I love the blue color pop! Great job! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete