Thursday, January 21, 2016

Use Your Stash Patterned Paper Addict

You know you might be a patterned paper addict when...

  • You buy extra storage containers to hide store your paper in.
  • Paper is falling off every available surface in your craft room.
  • You shuffle through six years of paper packs to find just the one.
  • You buy extra packs of the kits that are your favorite...just...in...case.
  • Each idea book debuts your NEW favorite paper.
  • Upon view, you recognize the names of a paper pack, even if it was from years ago.
LOL Did I pretty much cover it? I prefer the term "addict" to "hoarder". 

I have been working on Valentine cards for my children. I've even let them help me and, *gasp*, let them use my ShinHan markers. That is big for me. Even my son said "It's a once in a lifetime experience, mom! I love spending time with you. You are so lucky to have all of these great tools." Yes, I am, and lucky to have children that like to craft like me.


So, if you've come here from Michelle Loncar's blog, you are on the right track.

Here are the Valentine's cards I have created to date. I've made about 30 of them so far; I need about 55 in total.


To continue hopping along, please visit Marie Flayer's blog. You are going to love Marie's projects.

Thank you for stopping by today. Hope we have inspired you to use up some of those beautiful papers you have stashed away. Happy crafting!

Casandra

7 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Lori and I am a patterned paper addict. I seriously have so much paper that I have collected over the years and can't bear to part with. (I may need it for a future layout! Who cares if it's 10+ years old!) I think you covered all of the points of an addict, too. I have paper stowed away in my scrap room, my bedroom, and my walk in closet - a little excessive! Your cards are super cute - love the little doggie and kitty cat, and way to go crafting with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love the use of patterned paper and how you made one for cat lovers and one for dog lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards, I like the diecut balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cards. Adding the doggie and kitty put them over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in love with these cards! I love the colors, balloons and the little dog and cute. So fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Casandra, I love your description of the patterned paper addict--I agree it does sound a bit better than "hoarder" and I am in the same group as you. I love your adorable combination of hot air balloons and adorable animals. Thanks for sharing your talent with us with Use Your Stash Blog Hop.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a big project and lucky you have your kids to help with them. Love the die-cut and papers you placed behind them, and the critter riding. Great idea.

    My 9-year old grand daughter last year made her own Valentine Day cards, but Grandma did a lot of cricut cutting. She said after making them she wasn't going to do it this year...but she's come back to me and said she wanted to...so my project will soon begin (that is unless she changes her mind again). Good luck in the balance of cards required.

    ReplyDelete