Monday, May 7, 2018

Lemonade Birthday Party

On Saturday, we celebrated my daughter's 10th birthday. If you've been following along with my blog, you've likely seen a few lemonade-themed decorations.

I am sharing some pictures from the event day.





I found the mason jar cups with straws and lids, plus the dispenser at Hobby Lobby. The plates, napkins, forks, and table cloth came from Wal-Mart. The cake and cookies were made by a local baker in our area. She is so talented. I sent her a picture that I found on Instagram and she did a fabulous job, creating exactly what we wanted. The bottom tier was chocolate and the top was a special strawberry lemonade flavor. That was super good! Izzy's dress was found on clearance at Chasing Fireflies website.

Psst. I cheated on the lemonade. I bought the Minute Maid Lemonade and Pink Lemonade 2-liters, and cut slices of lemon to pop in their drinks and the dispenser, too. Way quicker!

The banners, popcorn boxes, photo props, and framed picture were created by me. I had my own vision for those, but all were Pinterest-inspired in one form or another. The feather props were from the Dollar Tree. Can't beat their prices! I had the boa's hanging next to the photo booth on my coat hanging shelf. It was super adorbs. I used a vase to hold the photo props in, and the kids did amazing with it. One little note to share is that they seemed to gravitate more towards the shaped images like the mason jar, the sunglasses, and the lemon, vs. the scripted images. I had planned to do something fun with "Pucker Up" but the kids were off and running to the cake station before I had a chance. LOL

While these parties are a lot of work, I find that the more you plan ahead, the smoother they go. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Even if it's just doing the dishes. Hope that I've inspired you to throw your very own lemonade-themed party. It was a lot of fun.

Happy Birthday to my sweet princess. Thank you for stopping by.

Casandra

No comments:

Post a Comment